Dr. Joel’s Tips on Maintaining 2014 Fitness Resolutions
1. Take advantage of personal training: Your personal trainer can help hold you accountable, vary your workouts, and keep you goal focused.
2. Focus on form & technique: The most valuable part of investing in a good personal trainer is that he or she makes sure you are correctly performing exercise movements. This minimizes injuries, challenges you, and keeps you on target for making fitness gains.
3. Shift your emphasis on numbers: Rather than emphasizing a number of pounds you desire to lose, emphasize the amount of time you will increase participating in exercise.
4. Practice short-term goal thinking: Focus on the current week, reflect on your accomplishments, and reset your goals for the following week. Repeat.
5. Keep yourself guessing: Emphasize this to your trainer. If you workout alone, make a list of 5 workouts on separate pieces of paper, fold them, then shuffle them. Each day pick one and open it once you arrive at the gym. That’s your workout for the day.
Best wishes in 2014!
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.